logo lroc

Land Rover Bulgaria expedition to Romania

Mai Mult
25 Iul 2014 12:36 #1 de cristian.vidu
Land Rover Bulgaria expedition to Romania was created by cristian.vidu
Hello,

Our neighbours from the Bulgarian Land Rover Club (http://www.forum.landrover-bulgaria.com/) are planning a trip to Romania. They had some difficulties creating an account on our website so I'll function as an intermediary until they can login themselves.

Here is their itinerary:

"The trip starts on 10th august by entering Romania via Vidin and heading north towards Petroshani for our first night there. (most likely we will take D66A along the lake Iovanu, hope the road is not closed for public and there ar eno landslides along it caused by the recent rains)
For the next two days, 11th and 12th, we plan to explore the area around Sibiu, where we booked a villa at Platinis resort (with some vague plans to take 106n towards Platinis).
On 13th we will be around Sigishoara and for the next two days we will be around Brashov area, staying in the village of Bran overnight on 14th and 15th of august.
Next day, 16th August, is our last day in Romania and we will be heading back towards Russe, passing along Bucharest"

They would like to meet us and have a beer (or two :) ). If anyone is planning a trip in these regions at same time as them please drop a line in the forum. Even if they can't login for now they can still see these discussions and I'll post their replies.

They do have some questions regarding the state of some of the roads and the traffic, namely:

main road from Targu Jiu to Petrosani - is it closed?
67C/transaplina/ from Ranca up north - is it closed?

From what I remember about them they drive mainly Disco2 and two years ago when I met them they had small children with them so I don't think they want anything extreme.

Cristian

Vă rugăm Autentificare sau Crează un cont să participaţi la discuţie.

Mai Mult
25 Iul 2014 12:52 #2 de tdd70
Replied by tdd70 on topic Land Rover Bulgaria expedition to Romania
Last summer I drive on main road between Tg. Jiu and Petrosani city. The road is under construction, there is a lot of traffic lights, it's driving in both directions only on one band, and it was a period of time when from monday till friday between 10-18 the driving was interrupted between Tg. Jiu and Petrosani.
http://213.177.10.50:6060/itn/default.asp - here is the actual situation of the roads, it seems that the road is closed from monday to friday between 7-12 and 14-19h30.
On Transalpina the road is closed between Ranca and Obarsia Lotrului. From Ranca to Sebes the road is open.
Hope that these informations to be helpfull. Have a nice trip!

Discovery 2, Td5, manual, 2000, ACE, rear air spring

Mai Mult
25 Iul 2014 16:02 - 25 Iul 2014 16:11 #3 de damLRFriendsBG
Replied by damLRFriendsBG on topic Land Rover Bulgaria expedition to Romania
Hello to all,

many thanks Cristian, for sorting out the issue with the account.

So, It would be our third leisure trip through Romania. We will travel with our families so, sightseeing and culture experience will be more fancied than the broken halfshafts and tire sidewall cuts. But, when possible, we will took some gentle off-tarmac roads towards our destinations.

Looking at the UNTRR site, it seems that the section of Transalpina from Ranca up north to Obârşia Lotrului, where the junction toward lake Vidra is located, is closed - is this correct? If so we shall think about some other alternative routes on how to reach Platinis ...

I've looked at dj106n which looks easy enough on the map and shouldn't scare anyone. It starts from 67c few kilometers before lake Oasa and passes through Cindrel National Park reaching Platinis Resort. Because it passes through national park I like to ask if it is permitted at all to drive on it or we shall need some special permission to use it?

Another road we are looking at, is 709K which starts from Petrila, near Petroshani, passes though Munţii Şureanu and reaches lake Oasa. Any kind of info about it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Hope that this time, we would be able to meet and share few beers with some fellow LR owners.

Damyan

D2 TD5 manual, D1 200tdi manual
Last edit: 25 Iul 2014 16:11 by damLRFriendsBG.

Mai Mult
25 Iul 2014 16:21 #4 de Magellan
Replied by Magellan on topic Land Rover Bulgaria expedition to Romania
You can get on the Transalpina in Petrosani and reach Obarsia Lotrului and after that you can go to Oasa.
From Oasa you can go to Paltinis but through DJ 106 E, Dobra, Jina , Tilisca, Saliste, Orlat, Gura Raului Dam, Paltinis, more suitable route with the desire to see the culture and landscape of this country.
Have a nice trip and if you want more informations please do not hesitate.

Posesor de nevasta cu Disco 1

Mai Mult
25 Iul 2014 18:04 #5 de damLRFriendsBG
navymotorman,

thanks for the information - If I recall correctly, we drove 106E last year on our way back from Sibiel(near Sibiu), 106E and Transalpina ...

Mai Mult
25 Iul 2014 18:11 #6 de dorian
Replied by dorian on topic Land Rover Bulgaria expedition to Romania
"Hope that this time, we would be able to meet and share few beers with some fellow LR owners."
when? :cheer:

SA inventat cratima !

Mai Mult
25 Iul 2014 18:42 #7 de damLRFriendsBG
oho-o-o... here is one thursty fellow :-) - look at the first post about out 'preliminary' schedule - only the night accomodations are firmly booked - the rest of the 'program' is still free to accomodate anything sutable ...

p.s.
already learned the hard way the 'slight' diffrence between 'tzuica' and proper 'palinka' - so for now I will stuck with 'beers'

Mai Mult
25 Iul 2014 19:04 #8 de dorian
Replied by dorian on topic Land Rover Bulgaria expedition to Romania

damLRFriendsBG a scris: oho-o-o... here is one thursty fellow :-) - look at the first post about out 'preliminary' schedule - only the night accomodations are firmly booked - the rest of the 'program' is still free to accomodate anything sutable ...

p.s.
already learned the hard way the 'slight' diffrence between 'tzuica' and proper 'palinka' - so for now I will stuck with 'beers'

Deci,fi atent: in 11
august sau cand ajungeti la Paltinis dai un sms la 0747430773. dau eu o tuica de ne pomeniti... p.s. Hai ca invatati si romaneste :)

SA inventat cratima !

Mai Mult
26 Iul 2014 11:01 #9 de Magellan

damLRFriendsBG a scris: navymotorman,

thanks for the information - If I recall correctly, we drove 106E last year on our way back from Sibiel(near Sibiu), 106E and Transalpina ...

I did not know, I told you about this route because you ask about Transalpina.
I this case you can get on the Transalpina from Petrosani to Obarsia Lotrului and use after the road you propose.

Mai Mult
28 Iul 2014 15:51 #10 de damLRFriendsBG
@Dorian
multumesc - when we are in Paltinis youll get that SMS :P looking forward to meet you

@navymotorman
Sorry about the confusion - didn't mean to offend you in any way - sure, there is no way you may know from where we pass last year - It was a poor attempt from me to clarify if that was the same route we took last year - but a quick consult to google showed that indeed it is the one we took then...

many thanks for the suggestions

Mai Mult
28 Iul 2014 16:35 #11 de Magellan

damLRFriendsBG a scris: @Dorian
multumesc - when we are in Paltinis youll get that SMS :P looking forward to meet you

@navymotorman
Sorry about the confusion - didn't mean to offend you in any way - sure, there is no way you may know from where we pass last year - It was a poor attempt from me to clarify if that was the same route we took last year - but a quick consult to google showed that indeed it is the one we took then...

many thanks for the suggestions

Stay cool, I hadn't felt offended.
Everything it is ok.
Have a nice trip and if you need another information do not hesitate ask for

Timp creare pagină: 0.229 secunde